Skip to main content

To sleep or not to sleep...

These little weird bouts of insomnia that I get from time to time is back. I should have been exhausted last night. I WAS exhausted ALL DAY! But then all of a sudden it was ten and I wasn't even remotely tired. I stayed up reading until midnight. Then tried to sleep. Didn't happen. I willed myself to stay in one place, relax and not move. My mind was going a mile a minute thought, and I couldn't stop it. Then all of a sudden it was 2am. I had to be up at 6 to get Gabby ready for school. I don't know what time I eventually fell asleep but it must have been 4 or something. Then I was up before the alarm even went off. Not tired at all. Wide awake. So much going on in my brain! Like I said this does happen to me from time to time. It usually starts with me being really stressed and having a lot to do so my mind won't calm down, and I'm super anxious and all knotty in my stomach. Then the next night will come, and I'll be so afraid that I won't be able to sleep that I can't sleep during that night either. This will continue, and then one night I'll finally zonk out and it will be over with. Please let this be just a one night thing!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I soooo feel your pain!!! And the worrying about not sleeping causing you to not sleep SUCKS. I've been up since 4:30am, had to leave for work by 6:30 and didn't fall asleep until like midnight. It is not going to be a good day. :( Hope yours goes better, maybe try and take a nap!
I'm definitely going to try to take a nap today! I've been wanting to for like an hour, but I don't feel really tired yet. I have lots to do, but I need the, what I like to call sleepless shakes, (and possible still some hungover shakes) to go away. I feel all jittery like I've drank a gallon of coffee. So, even though I have lots to do, I don't think I'll be worth much unless I do sleep!

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...