Skip to main content

All Iced In

In case anyone has been watching the weather for the whole country...you will know that here in sunny San Antonio, we have been having some very out of the ordinary weather. We got iced in for the last two days. Not snowed in...It's all ice. Snow to the north, but all we got was freezing rain. I was cracking ice off my car with a wooden flip-flop keychain, seeing as how I don't own an ice chipper or whatever you call them, because this isn't usually a problem. Gabby got to have two ice days from school. I have spent the last almost 72 hours in my house, and I'm literally going crazy!!! I just had to get over to my mom's today so I could do something different for a change. The roads are much safter, but watch out for the ice flying off of cars! I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that a chunk of ice the size of a passenger side car window came hurling at me! It was kind of scary. Or the ice falling from the power lines...that's kind of scary, too. But, the leaf shaped icicles that Gabby will probably make me keep in my refriderator for years are kind of cool. Anyway, that's over and done with, thank god!!!

Lately I've seen Happily N'Ever After and Children of Men. HATED the first on, and LOVED the other.

JC and I went apartment shopping this past weekend in the rain and the cold. We're still undecided about him moving in with me when his lease is up at the end of March, but I am for sure moving when mine's up at the end of February. I've lived in the same apartment for almost 9 years. Since the week right before Gabby was born. There's a lot of good memories from that place, but there are some pretty terrible ones too. I can't wait to have a nice, clean place. Apartments just aren't meant to be lived in for 9 years. So, it's possible that I might even stay in the same complex, but I'm definitley moving to a new place. I'm also trying to get Gabby into a different school district. If not, she'll go to private school next year.

I'm going back to work on Monday, and can absolutely not wait. I don't think I can stand being at home another day! But they just called and told me today, so I don't have much time to prepare. Damn the ice! This is just the seasonal job I've always had. I figure I really need the money, I can keep my health insurance, it pays more than most of the jobs I've interviewed for, I get a promotional step this season, and I have annual leave I can use if I need to go on an interview. So, the job search will continue!

Simplicity is something that I really stive for, along with positivity. I am, however, easily influenced until I see the error of my ways. So, from time to time I get caught up in these complicated whirlwind situations that make me want to literally punch someone in the face...or maybe just a wall. I've been trying to cut this crap out of my life, and get back to you know...getting up, going to work, going to the gym, eating simply, spending some quality time with Gabby, JC and my family. And that's about it. But for some reason, some stupid crap will pop out of the woodworks and drive me insane. For some reason I feel like I have to explain myself to people, or yell at them and tell them how wrong they are, but I don't...some people just don't deserve it...I don't have to explain myself to anyone. Right?

So, ANYWAY!!!! Gabby's going to her dad's this weekend, and JC and I are going to a surprise birthday party tomorrow night. I'll also be taking my mom with me to apartment hunt. Josh keeps begging me to go by and check out his whole new entertainment system. Yuck! Boy Stuff!!! We'll see. Sunday has to be spent on laundry to be ready for work on Monday. Waking up at 5am here I come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...