Skip to main content

First day of being uncool.

-I can never decide if I want an Everything Bagel or a Swiss Melt Bagel. Today, Mary the Bagel Lady, made a comment about how great it would be if they could take an Everything Bagel and melt a slice of swiss cheese on it. Ye! That would be sooooo good. But, she's obviously not going to do it for me, so why did she mention it? Now I will have to suffer knowing that something that delicious is not within my grasp.

Today was Gabby's first day of school. And it's official. Gabby's days of wanting to hold my hand, hang out with me, and introduce me to her friends is over. Now I am that mom...just another mom like all the rest. It doesn't matter if I think I'm cool. It doesn't matter to her that I'm not frumpy with a giant Bob Ross afro like my mom. Ok, I take that back, my mom was never frumpy. She was always put together, but she's a teacher so she does wear those Christmas sweater vests. And she couldn't be surrounded by cooler people! My sister and I talk more about pop culture than anyone else I know. Andrea's definitely cool. JC is most definitely cool, and not even all that old. But, alas, she's 8, and in the third grade. She will now spend every year wanting to be further and further away from me.

I had a really good, if stressful, weekend. I just have lots to do, and this first day of school thing was really looming over my head. But now that is done and over with! All the school supplies and clothes are bought and taken care of. The only things I forgot or didn't find were a new pair of flip-flops or sandals, a ruler, erasers, and a school box. Every year I go to the local grocery store thinking they'll have everything, and it never fails that they don't. They NEVER have the school boxes...and this year there wasn't even a place for rulers or erasers!

So, Friday I hung out with my sister and JC. Poor JC had to keep himself entertained most of the time seeing as how everytime my sister and I go our for some drinks we are non-stop talkers. NON-STOP! It was a great time.

Saturday I picked up my bridesmaid dress. And I think it looks really good. Even though it's not quite the size I'd like it to be. I will feel pretty anyway. Saturday night there was a party over at JC's boss' house. He had rented the dude who we usuallly see at karaoke on Friday nights. I have never had so much fun before in my life! I even sang! By myself! I have never done that! I did The Pretenders "Brass in Pocket". The part I liked the most is that there were enough people there to keep everyone occupied, and there was singing going on, and it was in a house so people were all spread out. What this meant for me is that I could sit in this little corner, smoke cigarettes, watch karaoke, drink a beer, and watch other people without anyone thinking that I'm miserable like they usually do because I'm quiet. And then of course I drank enough to sing myself, and talk it up like crazy especially when they gay guys got there. This one gay guy could not leave my side. He kept telling me how pretty and cute I was and how much he liked me. He either goes both ways or I turned him straight. JC was laughing the whole time even though the guy kept also trying to touch my boobs and stuff. Anyway...lots of fun, and I hope that this guy who took pictures will send them to me soon! So much fun that somehow it was 7 in the morning when JC and I finally got home and went to sleep. I didn't wake up until three, hunover as hell, which meant that things on the To Do List got pushed way back.

So, now I'm still making lists like crazy. So much to do before Thursday when I leave for Jessica's wedding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...