Skip to main content

Home

-I was just online attacked out of no where by the AOC! Weird! We've had a couple of emails back and forth, but maybe only like 5 or 6 since I met JC. It was a really weird conversation, and I was sooooo uncomfortable!

So, I got home around midnight last night from Jessica's wedding weekend extravaganza, and extravaganza it was! I think I'll let her go into details on her blog because I'm still recovering and tired. It was so much fun though, and the ceremony was so beautiful. Yes, I cried. I think tomorrow I might have to go sit in a sauna to sweat out all the alcohol. JC picked me up from the airport, and we came back to my house. I got in bed for two seconds, and was just feeling really, really weird. I was exhausted, but at the same time really ancy...had too much to say, too much to do, and just weird. So, I decided I should go along with "the hair of the dog" theory. I thought maybe if we went out and had just one or two beers I would feel a little better, pass out, and wake up not so hung over. It kind of worked. We met up with Mr. Incredible at Coco Beach and ended up having way too many Goldschlagger shots. Or should I say way to LARGE Goldschlagger shots. But it was fine. I passed out all the same.

I arrived on Thursday. Stayed up talking with the girls having some wine. Friday was the rehearsal and dinner, Saturday the wedding, and I came home on Sunday. Thursday and Saturday were the days that I drank the most, and I'm a little worried about anything I might have said or done. I know that on Saturday I went to bed, called JC, and he kept hanging up on me. And when I would call him back and tell him he was being a jerk, he just kept saying, "Elizabeth, you passed out on me. You have fallen asleep like 4 or 5 times. Just go to bed!" I woke up with my phone still opened next to my ear the next morning.

It was really great. And I met a lot of great people, and hung out with other great people that I've met before. Jessica has the greatest family ever!

So, today I had an interview for a job that I really, really wanted. Not so much anymore. I dressed up, put on some heels and pearls. JC said I was looking very corporate. Then I headed to the interview. I should have worn jeans, chewed some tobacco and spit it out on their floor. It was for this oil company where there were nothing but good ol' Texas boys working there. Part of the job would entail doing some field work on a ranch. Fine. But I'm sure I gave them the impression that I wouldn't be very good at that with my pearls. I would be the only woman and the only person under 40 in the office if I got the job. I don't think I want it.

I'll post pictures soon, and maybe recover some stories from my brain at a later date.

Good to be home though. Somewhat. I hate my apartment and long for the nice clean room I had in the B&B! Picked up Gabby tonight and we're spending some time together. Time to get back in the routine with her and her school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...