Skip to main content

Home

-I was just online attacked out of no where by the AOC! Weird! We've had a couple of emails back and forth, but maybe only like 5 or 6 since I met JC. It was a really weird conversation, and I was sooooo uncomfortable!

So, I got home around midnight last night from Jessica's wedding weekend extravaganza, and extravaganza it was! I think I'll let her go into details on her blog because I'm still recovering and tired. It was so much fun though, and the ceremony was so beautiful. Yes, I cried. I think tomorrow I might have to go sit in a sauna to sweat out all the alcohol. JC picked me up from the airport, and we came back to my house. I got in bed for two seconds, and was just feeling really, really weird. I was exhausted, but at the same time really ancy...had too much to say, too much to do, and just weird. So, I decided I should go along with "the hair of the dog" theory. I thought maybe if we went out and had just one or two beers I would feel a little better, pass out, and wake up not so hung over. It kind of worked. We met up with Mr. Incredible at Coco Beach and ended up having way too many Goldschlagger shots. Or should I say way to LARGE Goldschlagger shots. But it was fine. I passed out all the same.

I arrived on Thursday. Stayed up talking with the girls having some wine. Friday was the rehearsal and dinner, Saturday the wedding, and I came home on Sunday. Thursday and Saturday were the days that I drank the most, and I'm a little worried about anything I might have said or done. I know that on Saturday I went to bed, called JC, and he kept hanging up on me. And when I would call him back and tell him he was being a jerk, he just kept saying, "Elizabeth, you passed out on me. You have fallen asleep like 4 or 5 times. Just go to bed!" I woke up with my phone still opened next to my ear the next morning.

It was really great. And I met a lot of great people, and hung out with other great people that I've met before. Jessica has the greatest family ever!

So, today I had an interview for a job that I really, really wanted. Not so much anymore. I dressed up, put on some heels and pearls. JC said I was looking very corporate. Then I headed to the interview. I should have worn jeans, chewed some tobacco and spit it out on their floor. It was for this oil company where there were nothing but good ol' Texas boys working there. Part of the job would entail doing some field work on a ranch. Fine. But I'm sure I gave them the impression that I wouldn't be very good at that with my pearls. I would be the only woman and the only person under 40 in the office if I got the job. I don't think I want it.

I'll post pictures soon, and maybe recover some stories from my brain at a later date.

Good to be home though. Somewhat. I hate my apartment and long for the nice clean room I had in the B&B! Picked up Gabby tonight and we're spending some time together. Time to get back in the routine with her and her school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...