Skip to main content

I can't do this anymore...

...and luckily, hopefully, soon, I won't have to. Mi-Mi made a comment to me the other day about how I'm so "in-tune" with what's going on inside my body, and how much it affects me on a day-to-day basis. She's right, I am, and it does. All this being sick crap is taking it's toll on me mentally as well as physically. And, I have to be really honest in saying that I feel really alone right now. The really funny thing is that my mom is the most unsympathetic person when it comes to anyone of us being sick. She doesn't baby us, and you better believe that we had to be bleeding out of our eyes in order to stay home from school, but she is the only one right now who is being so freaking understanding of this. I don't know what it is that everyone else thinks, but taking all this medication does nothing for my physical or mental health.

Antibiotics make me crazy, depressed, and nauseous, and they're really only keeping the infection at bay because once again, I've been off of them for a couple of days, and the infection is coming back. I spent way too much of my time with a trainer, in the gym, learning about my body, and it's really important to me, as I've mentioned so many times here. I can't help but wonder if I had kept up my routine after I met JC, if I would have gotten this sick at all...I was pretty darn healthy there for a while. But, alas, I will digress...the tonsils come out on Thursday morning, and then I have two weeks recovery time, and then hopefully I will be able to push myself into the health routine thing again. I'll be starting from scratch, but hopefully my body will remember a lot of stuff, and it won't take that long to get back into it. There's a lot of hoping going on here...

Which brings me to another "health" issue...I've been living in filth...ok, maybe not that bad, but it's getting there. I stopped doing a lot of things when I met JC...and I won't blame it on him, because I guess it's true when you are so madly in love with someone, in the beginning, you can't eat, you can't sleep...you can't clean??? But as of two months ago when I got this stupid tonsil infection, I have gotten so much worse!!! I have never been the "neatest" person ever. I can be messy and cluttery, but my apartment is still usually clean. The air filter in apartment hasn't been changed in at least 6 months to a year. I can't even remember. Mi-Mi looked at it a couple of days ago and said, "No wonder you're so freakin' sick!" Yeah, it's pretty bad. So is everything else. I will be getting on top of that this week, though. I have the next couple of days to get things in order including my apt and my car...and I am pretty excited about putting up the Christmas tree. I can't live like this anymore. I'm putting my foot down!!!!! Maybe finally getting my tonsils out and ridding my body of this infection will be an entire cleansing to the way I've been living my life for the last six months.

So, on to fun stuff??!! On the weekends that Gabby stays home, I don't usually see JC or any of my friends, especially at night because they all go out, but this weekend, JC thought it might be fun if he came over after work on Saturday night, hung out, and then spend the night on the "home-made bed pallet thingy" I made up for him when he stayed the night when I was super sick. Then he'd be here on Sunday morning (his day off), to spend the whole day here. I was thrilled, believe me! I get a little jealous when I can't go out with him or Mi-Mi on my Mommy-Duty weekends. It ended up being a hang out at Elizabeth's night. Josh and Mi-Mi came over early (Josh brought his Playstation) and we played Karaoke Revolution. Then I had to inflict some parenting discipline on Gabby, and teach her that kids have to go to bed even if the adults get to stay up. I felt mean doing it, but really I shouldn't. I can't count how many times my sister and I had to go to bed while my parents entertained guests or stayed up watching a movie or something. So, then Mr. Incredible and JC came over with the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game, and we started playing that laughing all the while about how we were having a complete Nerd Fest with Karaoke Revolution and the LOTR game. Anyway...Josh and Mr. Incredible teamed up because they both knew the least, and the rest of us were on our own. Then Velma came over and joined JC on a team, and they completely whooped our asses!!! That girl knows way too much about the LOTR movies. We laughed the whole time mostly about how we could be called the Nerd Herd. It was a really fun night.

Sunday morning, the three of us got up, went and got breakfast, and then came home and ended up playing Resident Evil for like 9 hours or something ridiculous like that. Gabby played outside for a while, and then I took JC home. It was definitely a relaxing, nice, fun weekend.

I've been putting something off. I know, *shock, surprise, awe, open-mouths*!!! I need to drop all of my classes for this semester before Nov 30, but I haven't wanted to do it. It kills me that because of being sick I'm not able to finish this semester and graduate in December, but I will get it done today or tomorrow, cry a little, and then move on...and graduate in May!

WANT TO KNOW A SECRET??? I've been trying to hook Josh up with Velma, JC's roommate, ever since the day I met her...and now, they finally have a date for tonight!!! I'm excited and nervous about the whole thing! And now I completely understand the whole "world's colliding thing" that Jessie used to tell me about! Mi-Mi actually asked Josh to go out with them on Friday night when I had to stay home, and I didn't know how to feel about my little Joshy being stolen away!!! But it's cool. I'm glad he's getting to make new friends, too.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
Worlds colliding is a painful event. It gets particularly hairy when loyalties start to sway.
That's one thing I don't have to worry about with Josh. he's just too much of his "own" person to be swayed by me, let alone anyone else.

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...