Skip to main content

I need some sunshine!

I was going through my archives...or I guess in the case of my new blog design, my Out to Sea posts...and I was just re-reading some of my old posts, and I think i sounded a lot happier a few months ago, which is kind of weird. Especially in the posts from around May and June of this year. I think I might be a whore for all things "NEW". My mom always used to tell me I couldn't have a puppy because as soon as it grew up I'd be tired of it, and she was right. Aren't mom's always right?

I might just be a little nervous about this upcoming surgery. The ENT said that she usually only has one or two patients that have hemmoraging a year, but I forgot to ask her if she'd already passed her quota...I also have to stay at my parent's house for about 4 days! YIKES *pulling hair, wanting to scream*...

I went to get my bagel this morning, and the sweet bagel lady, Mary, was so embarrassed because she charged me something like $51 yesterday instead of $5.10...she said they voided it out though, and fixed it on my credit card...I hope so! I love bagels, but that's one damn expensive breakfast!

Josh never called me last night after his date with Velma. I can't stand it! I want to know how it went! It's not like him not to call me every night, and it's definitely not like him to not call when something is going on!

I finally got my CD of pictures back from Mi-Mi from the two Halloween parties we went to:

This is my impromptu Miss America costume (and that's Fern the Caveman - well, the Mummy in this picture). I actually just dressed up to go help Mi-Mi pick up a guy at Baker St before we met up with everyone, and then JC said that we were going to his work's costume party, so I threw on one of Gabby's tiara's, and JC made me a sash from register paper. VOILA! Instant Miss America. I never got around to writing anything on my "sash", so everyone at the party signed it instead. JC went as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Andy (Mr. Incredible) went as Sloth from the Goonies, and Mi-Mi just put on a shirt that was Halloween-y. (Yes, that second picture is of me, JC, and Mi-Mi - COMPLETELY SLOSHED!). Oh, and there's a picture of me with "Michael Jackson" when Mi-Mi and I were at Baker St. Their theme there was pedophiles, so there was Michael Jackson, a priest, and the chick bartender was a little boy...yea, it's a little offensive, I know.

The other event we went to was actually Mr. Incredible's birthday party, which was themed "ROCKSTAR". I went as Axle Rose, Velma was my partner in crim Slash, Mr. Incredible was Yanni, and Mi-Mi, JC, little Matty, and Kevin on a stick went as Mr. Incredible's band that had just broken up. JC was their bass player, so he won't be recognizable to anyone as a known "rockstar". Little Matty went as Andy (Mr. Incredible). Mi-Mi was the lead singer...her costume was so good as a man that no one even knew that it was her underneath. There was no one to be the drummer, so we stuck his head on a stick. The jeans that I had on had the tiniest of tiniest holes right in my crotch, and right before we got to the party they ripped all the way from the top of my jeans to almost my knee. You can kind of see it in the picture of me with "Slash". It was horrible. I had tie my flannel shirt side-ways so the whole world wasn't looking at my crotch. I even tried to tie a bandana around my leg to hold my pants together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...