Skip to main content

Sin City

Josh took Gabby and I out to dinner tonight to J.C's restaurant. I was afraid Josh was absolutley hating it because of all the "entertaining" that goes on there. And, the whole thing is kind of weird anyways. Every waiter comes by our table and sits down and chats it up for a bit, all the while trying to stay in character, and it's just weird to me that I get drunk with these people all the time.

Anyhoo . . . Josh's consulation is that I went to Best Buy with him. He was super nice and bought me the Sin City DVD, which when we checked out came with a comic book. When I dropped Josh off, Gabby asked if she could have the comic, Josh looked at me, and I said it was fine . . . BUT WAIT . . . then it hit me, why am I just handing this comic book over to my 7-year old daughter, so I said she could have it with the stipulation that I had to check it out first, and it's a damn good thing I did! The whole thing may be in black and white, and the characters aren't clear cut drawn, but it's easy enough for Gabby to figure out that there's a hooker lying in bed with a big fat naked man hovering above her . . . Josh said he already had the same comic, that's why he gave it to Gabby . . . SHEESH!!! People without kids, who have friends with kids, should have to take classes or something on how to be more kid friendly!

Comments

Kaycee said…
Been there. Everytime we leave from a family function, Matthew talks about how Uncle Robert needs to be grounded for his mouth. He lets the F bomb and everything else fly constantly.
Jammie J. said…
Wow. I would never have thought, you know? I'm glad you did.

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...