Skip to main content

I talked to him last night

And I've been right. He is doing this for all the same reasons he did last time. Running scared. Only this time he cheated on me with a not very special girl on top of everything else. He can't even answer basic questions. Underneath all his anger, and blocking everything out, and his own pain that he can't see past, he doesn't want to lose this relationship, but this is the only way he knows how to react when he's angry and hurt.

I don't need that. I need a strong man. One who can stand up to normal everyday stresses. One who can take care of himself and of me and Gabby when we need it. What was I ever thinking to allow this little boy into my life, and believe that he could step up to the plate? I'm not sure it was even love. I've been questioning myself the whole time we've been back together on if I really do truly love him, or if it's only that I wanted to be loved and wanted. And I'm pretty sure that that's what it was/is. By nature I just want to be loved. I just want to give all the love that I have. And I've really got to start making better choices on who I give that love to.

My really good friend Steve from high school, who I just recently found again, gave me some unique advice...and it was a little philisophical, so I know I won't get this right...but he said basically that to change this cycle, I need to not look for people to love me because of what I can give, but because I love myself, I am love, and I can give love. And I need to be able to send out a "beacon of confident love" in order to attract the kind of people that will be what I need. I probably got his meaning wrong, but there it is.

So many people have been there for me. I always feel like such a burden. Like I should be able to stand on my own two feet. But this time...this time I really need the help to stand up. And I am so grateful to have it from so many different places. I am loved, and I can't forget that. Just because one idiot...who I actually know DOES love me...isn't willing to give it.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
Um, ya you're loved! See you on Thursday at 2pm!
Jacq said…
Oh you big goon! You're not a burden!!!

Enjoy your time with Jessica!!! Have fun, girls!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...