Skip to main content

Chillin' Like a Villain

I've been taking some new medications for the last few months. Wonderful, wonderful drugs! Sometimes I stop and am like, "Who was that person before?" So, anyway...I knew there was something wrong with the medication though. I wasn't losing any weight, and I've been working out, and eating right, but nothing was happening, except that I have been getting stronger and more in shape, but I wasn't having "fat loss".

I saw a new doctor early this week, who before I could even tell her any of my concerns...she said, "We HAVE to get you off this one medication!" It's the one I've been taking at night to sleep. She said that there are so many other things that are ten times better to take to sleep, and the medication I was on was making me gain weight, and not be able to lose it. Her exact words were, "You'll see! We get you off of this stuff, and the weight is just going to fall off! Especially if you've been working out! You have such a gorgeous face, you won't be alone for much longer!" Ok, so I do hate when people tell me I have a pretty face, but need to lose weight...but I was so happy with what she said, I wasn't mad at her.

That was Monday. I went in to work out with Ray Ray the Killer today, and got on the scale. I've lost 5lbs this week. It's a little more than you're suppose to lose a week, but in the beginning you always lose a little more at one time. I can't tell you how super excited I am! Now I can finally see the results of my hard work over the last few months. And even more, my new sleep medication is so good! I don't wake up feeling foggy anymore, and my vivid nightmares are a lot less.

With that said...I'm on my way to Pappadeux's with Mary Ann to eat a giant chopped salad with crawfish! Yum!

Only good things, Samantha, only good things!

Comments

stephanie said…
what are you taking now? i just recently changed also!
I taking Ambien to sleep. I was taking Remeron! Don't ever take that stuff! It really does make you gain weight! So does Neuronton, which is what I was taking for anxiety...and I don't remember the name of the new anxiety stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...