Skip to main content

Mom's Birthday

I'm here at my mom's house for her birthday. Poor mom received an empty box, and a paper doll. Not kidding. My present to her hasn't come in the mail yet, so I cut out the picture, and put it in her card. My sister's present wasn't in the box. It was the last one left and was on display...and they just didn't put it in the box. Hope she at least liked her cake because that's about all she got!

Nothing new really going on. Went to an interview yesterday. Had a follow-up interview in the afternoon. I'll take the job if they offer it, but I really don't want it. Me - Receptionist...not going to happen. I'll do it...and I'll do a good job at it...but I DO NOT want it! And parking downtown sucks!

On my weekend without Gabby JC and I went to my work Christmas party, and it was fantabulous! We had so much fun! Had a little too much to drink, but that's what you get when you decide to drink the spiked punch all night.

We went and saw The Fountain. Weird. That's all I have to say. Visually beautiful, but weird. All you acid takers should really probably see it. On Sunday we saw Blood Diamond. One of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm being a little bit biased. I love my books filled with history and my movies filled with angst. It's right in line with Beyond Borders and The Constant Gardener. I love those kinds of movies. I realize that they're very "Hollywood", but that's the way it has to be done for most Americans to even want to pay attention to what's going on in the rest of the world. Besides can you get any better than Leo with tons of new muscles and an African accent. I can never remember the other guy's name, but love him too. He was so awesome in In America. And Jennifer Connely has NEVER looked prettier. JC didn't know who she was, and when I said Labryinth he got it, and said, "Yea...she's come a long way."

I'm very nervous still about going to Dallas. I can't wait for Christmas. I can't wait to be employed. (That's what my mom wants for Christmas she said...for me to find a job.) I can't wait to have Gabby out of school for a couple of weeks. JC has one Christmas party this Monday, and another on the 28th. A very busy season...especially compared to last year when we weren't together.

I have plenty more to say once the New Year works its way around. This year will go down as my "Crying Year", and I hope the next one will be filled with laughing...out loud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...