Skip to main content
Yackety Schmakety

I went with Gabby to a birthday party today for a little girl in her Karate class. It was being held at the Karate school. I was not informed that the only other people that were going to be there was family...and Gabby and me. The little girl is the niece of the owner of the Karate place. It was the weirdest, most uncomfortable thing in the world, but we made it through. As long as I can find a way not to break Gabby's spirit when disciplining her...my daughter will be a Leader. She has the most uncanny knack for bringing people right up under her thumb. Watching her with other little kids is amazing...they all turn into HER "pack". These are qualities that no one really has on either side of her family...unless that's only because the rest of "us" had our spirits broken. Gabby is truly a gift beyond belief, and I really, really need to learn to appreciate it, and not let the daily grind get in the way.

Have you ever done anything or met anyone and just known things? This usually happens to me with everyone that I meet...I just kind of KNOW where it's going.


Comments

LOL. I knew from the first day you sat by me, well...maybe after the first time we had an actual conversation that we would be really good friends. Or at least I knew that I would keep you around for something...you had to be worth something. LOL. I don't want an arranged marriage...but dating is much harder when you're looking for "romantic" love rather than friendship, companionship, loyalty, etc, etc, etc. You know what I meant, Joshy, quit being a thorn...and yes I need an editor...want the job Mister Author?

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...