Skip to main content
Pedicure from Hell

Josh did the nicest thing in the world for me today...he called in sick and took me to get a pedicure. It was the best pedicure ever!!! The massage chair was going, my feet were soaking, I got a nice leg massage, and hot towels wrapped around my feet. My toes were polished, I was stuck under the dryer, and sent on my way. Not even two seconds out of the salon I'm looking down at my toes, and even without my glasses on, I can see that somethin' just ain't right! I take a closer look, and sure enough...they're like a bad plastic surgery...completely botched. My big toenails are cut to a length that is almost to the point of being painful, and the polish job is the worst I have ever seen. I was supposed to get an American Manicure...a little like a French Manicure, but more natural looking. There's supposed to be a little white line across the top of each toe...hmmmm...it seems to be missing from some toes altogether, and from others, just in the middle. Gabby could have painted them and I would have had a better job done. The last time I went to this same place, I got the most beautiful pedicure EVER! The person who did them this time was different...but how different can you get? Oh, Oh, Oh...I was so relaxed and just reading a magazine that I wasn't really paying attention, but towards the end after my toes had been painted...and I guess the guy was trying to "fix" them or something (I still wasn't paying that much attention), I realize that this guy has thumb nails that are longer then almost any girl with fake nails!!!!!...and he is using them to clean off the toenail polish around my toes!!!!...and I also realize that these must have been what he was using to clean under my toes as well!!!! I very much enjoyed "getting" this pedicure, but in the end...it was, well, I don't need to tell you. Hopefully there will be some understanding... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...
Am I Going To Die? I just got stung for the first time ever by a wasp . . . So far so good . . . I can still breathe, I haven't swelled up like a balloon, yet . . . But it hurts and itches like crazy!!! It's almost the end of the semester and I am completely swamped! Two projects, two papers, and three finals, all in the next 3 weeks . . . Somehow I'll handle it. I've actually all of sudden "woken up" where school is concerned. I've been in such a daze for like the last 7 or 8 months. The AOC has changed my life as I knew it . . . in good and bad ways!!! Bad because he takes up too much of my thoughts . . . and I need all the brain capacity that I can get!!! Somehow, after years of barely even talking to anyone at work, and only a couple of years of actually being a little more friendly with my co-workers, I seem to have been sucked up in "office politics" and I HATE it! I used to really like going to work . . . now I just want to quit!! It still...