Skip to main content
Pedicure from Hell

Josh did the nicest thing in the world for me today...he called in sick and took me to get a pedicure. It was the best pedicure ever!!! The massage chair was going, my feet were soaking, I got a nice leg massage, and hot towels wrapped around my feet. My toes were polished, I was stuck under the dryer, and sent on my way. Not even two seconds out of the salon I'm looking down at my toes, and even without my glasses on, I can see that somethin' just ain't right! I take a closer look, and sure enough...they're like a bad plastic surgery...completely botched. My big toenails are cut to a length that is almost to the point of being painful, and the polish job is the worst I have ever seen. I was supposed to get an American Manicure...a little like a French Manicure, but more natural looking. There's supposed to be a little white line across the top of each toe...hmmmm...it seems to be missing from some toes altogether, and from others, just in the middle. Gabby could have painted them and I would have had a better job done. The last time I went to this same place, I got the most beautiful pedicure EVER! The person who did them this time was different...but how different can you get? Oh, Oh, Oh...I was so relaxed and just reading a magazine that I wasn't really paying attention, but towards the end after my toes had been painted...and I guess the guy was trying to "fix" them or something (I still wasn't paying that much attention), I realize that this guy has thumb nails that are longer then almost any girl with fake nails!!!!!...and he is using them to clean off the toenail polish around my toes!!!!...and I also realize that these must have been what he was using to clean under my toes as well!!!! I very much enjoyed "getting" this pedicure, but in the end...it was, well, I don't need to tell you. Hopefully there will be some understanding... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...