Skip to main content
Whhhaaaaa!

This morning, Gabby and I went to her new school for "open house/meet your teacher". Gabby was acting shy as usual with people she doesn't know. I don't know why I'm so scared that she's not going to be able to adjust, or that she's going to be traumatized in some weird way by changing part of her world around. She's excited, and she really wants to do this. I'm the one that's scared she's not going to be able to find the cafeteria, or that she's not going to be able to get breakfast and lunch. We were both really "pampered" by having her go to a private daycare for kindergarten. She was at that daycare since she was 2! Kids adjust though. They usually adjust much more easily than adults do. I have nothing to worry about, but can't help feeling a little sad that my baby is a 1st grader!!! I feel like I've missed sooo much. This is one of the other reasons I wonder if me going to school is worth it. I know in the long run it will help get us ahead, but in the meantime, I've sacrificed so much just to be able to finish, and the biggest thing I've sacrificed is time with my child. And because I have spent so little time with her during the fall/spring semesters I don't know how to spend time with her anymore. I've gotten used to being by myself kind of...and she's used to be the center of attention at my parent's house. I really feel like an outsider sometimes, and like I don't really know her. I get a little jealous of my mom sometimes, because even though I know Gabby loves me and wants to be with me more than anyone else...she still would rather go and play at my mom's or her dad's than be here. I just really hope she knows how much I love her, and I wish she could understand that my main reason for going back to school and working this hard is all for her, but in the end would she rather just have my time than have me make more money so she can have more "things"?

I'm just being an overemotional wreck of a parent this morning. It's always hard when things "change", and we're both really going to miss the experiences we've had with the awesome people from her daycare.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
oh wizzy wizzy don't be so sad.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...