Skip to main content

Back to the Future

I think about the past alot. I always have, but recently I've been thinking about it in a different light. I usually think about the past in a longing way. Wanting to go back to times when things were different in some way...or missing people...or the usual. But lately I've really been thinking about how my past relates to my present and my future. Which I guess is the more healthy way to think of it. So, if some of my blogs are about things from the past, and it's boring, I apologize up front. I'm hoping that eventually my past is going to catch up with my present, and put me a better place...if that makes any sense.

But, once again, my dad is wanting his computer back pretty quick. So...more to come...at my new home.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
Remember! Two steps forward NOT three steps back!
Anonymous said…
Sometimes looking at the past can be comforting or reassuring that you're right where you're supposed to be. Your past made you who you are today-every minute of it, the good, the bad and the ugly! And you're pretty incredible today-just think of what these yesterday's will bring to the you of tomorrow!!! (deep I know-ya gotta love me!) :)
stephanie said…
well said schwenk. i agree.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...