Skip to main content

Random

1. Who would have thought? That I might actually like my new job. This afternoon I was out of training and on my own. It wasn't so bad. The work actually keeps me busy enough, and you have to put a lot of thought into it, so it was a challenge, and I wasn't bored at all...and it wasn't hard. It was ok. I'm still not giving up my dreams. But to get some cash, I might not have picked such a bad job afterall.

2. I'm really into women empowerment right now. I know, it's very cliche for a woman who's just been burned. But you know the old saying...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. Well, that's exactly what happened. I gave JC a second chance, and now it's shame on me. And I won't fall into that trap again. I turned a blind eye to many a thing because of my own insecurities, but I really believe that my next relationship will be so much better because I will love me first....which takes me to...

3. I don't look in the mirror when I get out of the shower anymore. Two walls of my bathroom are huge mirrors. I don't like the way I look right now, but I am doing something about it, so instead of looking in the mirrow and thinking hate, hate, hate...I'm just not looking. I know one day I'll look up and see what I want to see.

4. Ray Ray the Killer is killing me. Three times in a row now I have walked out of the gym ready to pass out and puke. My arms shaking so bad I can barely drive. But I'm proud of myself, and inspite of my pain, I'm impressing myself. It's amazing how much the body can take, and how much it remembers. I'm almost doing some of the same stuff I used to do in a short amount of time. Now I just need to get the layers of fat off my muscles. I would still rather have eaten a pound of frog legs instead of doing the stuff I had to do yesterday.

5. I was attacked by a cat. My washer and dryer are in a kind of storage room on my patio. So, on Sunday I was putting clothes into the washing machine when I felt something on my foot. It felt kind of sharp, but didn't hurt. I freaked out, not knowing what the hell it was! I looked down just in time to see a cat, that had been living in my laundry room, run away! Then...I screamed...after what seemed like 2 minutes...a very delayed scream. Then I laughed like a crazy person. Or at least Gabby looked at me like I was crazy.

6. Ummm...ok, nothing more. Oh! This is Gabby's last week of tutoring, so I won't be near a computer as much. Oh well...it's been fun. It will just have to be incentive to get my butt in gear and bring my dad my computer to fix.

7. And...no big plans this weekend, but I want to get my toes and eyebrows done, I think I'm seeing Grindhouse with Josh...going out with some friends on Saturday night...maybe doing something with my sister tomorrow...we'll see...only good things, Samantha, only good things.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
#5 is my favorite! I wish I was there!
Jacq said…
Being and feeling empowered whether you've just recently experienced a breakup or not is still a good thing. It's just when you forget what your true power is that can be dangerous when everything is going well. I've been there.

I would have liked to see the cat thing, too. Dang! At least it wasn't a skunk!!! ;P

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...