Skip to main content

I took a personality quiz...this is all they would tell me!!!

Social Expressiveness

In social settings you will tend to be quieter and more reserved than the average person. In fact, many may view you as shy because you would rather let others do the talking. Oftentimes, people who have the most to say do the least amount of talking only because they feel inhibited when there is a big audience. This does not mean that you would be introverted in a relationship because intimacy usually breaks down the inhibitions we feel in social settings. Keep in mind that the fear to speak up in social settings can be overcome with practice. It's important that you learn to speak up when you have something important to say, even if your feel uncomfortable doing so. You should also be aware that your tendency to be highly reactive to negative stimuli does not mesh well with your introverted nature. In fact, when you react too quickly to dangerous situations when you are normally reserved and quiet, others view this as being weak or even cowardly. Note: it doesn't mean that you are either, but it's the impression that you give because of the big contrast that exists between these two facets in your personality. This predisposition you have to react to such situations is not easy to have power over because it's controlled by the autonomic nervous system (also called the flight-or-fight-response). However, the knowledge that you do have this ability to respond quickly to bad situations might help you to moderate your responses.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
This is so dang true! Wierd!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...