Skip to main content
Tricksy Blog Theif

I got a new thing to try from a commenter on my blog. You can see the rules here. I stole it because I am a tricksy blog theif just like some other cute brunette I "know" . . . *wink wink*.


1. Pick up the CLOSEST book.
2. Go to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Write down the following text from the next 3 sentences.

This is from The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.

"Now Wang Lung had never in his youth or at any time learned the meaning of letters upon paper, and he could not, therefore, make anythig out of such paper covered with black marks and pasted upon city gates or upon walls or sold by the handful or even given away. Twice had he had such paper given him. The first time it was given by a foreigner such as the one he had pulled unwittingly in his ricksha one day, only this one who gave him the paper was a man, very tall, and lean as a tree that has been blown by bitter winds."

Whew! This author is quite wordy! No wonder this book is taking me so long to read!

Comments

qory said…
this is a cool idea, liz... I might try this out;)
Thanks! I wish I could take credit for it! ;)
Scott said…
Wish I could take credit for it too...I came across it while day-tripping via the "next blog" button. By the way, I thought I liked to Goo version of Give a Little too, until I heard them screw up the lyrics. Guess I'm a lyrics snob. If you can't get them right, don't sing the song...I'm the same with karoke.
That's so funny! I am totally a lyric snob, too. I won't let my best friend Josh sing in the car because he always messes up the lyrics, and it makes me mad. Even if he only messes up on a simple word, like saying "is" instead of "are" or something silly like that!

Of course, I do have this stupid talent of being able to remember lyrics to everything, so maybe I'm the freak, not the people who mess it up.

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...