Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

My 32nd birthday was yesterday, and it was pretty awesome. I'm not so freaked out about getting older anymore. Every line on my face is just a reminder of how much I have laughed and cried in my life. A road map basically to the life I've lead up to this point.

I took a half day off yesterday, did a little jewelry shopping, and then the festivities began. Andrea got my sister and P-Dub together and planned out the whole night.

1. Went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and had giant steam pots of crab legs! Delicious! Andrea, after she promised not to, told Frank the Tank, our waiter, it was my B-Day. He threatened the whole time about making me get up and dance, but I wasn't having it, and basically begged at the end. So...no dancing for me.

2. We came back to my apartment and rushed to get the heck out of here to make it downtown to the Cameo Theatre to see The Fourth Wall. There were only about 12 people in the audience...including us...it was pretty dang awful. I'm not sure awful is even the word for it! Terrible! Ridiculous! AND...lots of fun! There's just something about about shareing misery with other people. It makes everything freakin' HILARIOUS! We laughed the whole time. The best part about the theatre was the bartender. She was a very big, burly, butchy woman with lots of tattoos. She hooked us up with free birthday shots, and then at intermission, she wound her fingers in my hair, yanked me into her chest and spanked me with her bottle opener! What the heck!!!!??? It was crazy, scary and the best part of the WHOLE night!

3. After the play we headed to The Falls. A good friend of mine from when I worked at the IRS, Henry, came out. And everyone else was there, too: P-Dub, Andrea, Henry, Becky, Kevin, Kelly, Chris, Andy, Colton, and a few other people. The band for the night was Drive...decent cover band. The great thing about cover bands is they play all the songs you want to hear. I'd never been to The Falls before, but it was pretty awesome. Kind of a swanky bar with a room for "rock" and a room with a dance floor playing...well...dance music. But the dance floor area was non-smoking. Not so good for me. We just hung out, drank, talked, drank, laughed. Way too much drinking. I haven't been doing a lot of that lately, and it was a bit too much. I'm really tired of that scene, but it was great being out with so many people that I love.

Then P-Dub and I came home. I had so much birthday love yesterday, it's ridiuclous! I think all the "Happy Birthdays" on Facebook take up one page. I've never had a birthday quite like the one yesterday. I almost wish I had just come home after the play though...in case I haven't stressed it...I'm really tired of the bar scene. Maybe that's because I'm not single anymore.

So, now I'm trying to recover. I'm going out to the pool for a little while, and then I have to head to P-Dub's mom's house for his step dad's graduation party.

He surprised the crap out of me by buying me Sims3 and a new flat screen computer monior for my birthday. I'm loving it!!! It's 20" versus my old 17". I'm not sure he realized what he was doing though...I may never leave the computer...or the house.

Some pics from last nigh below....for the pics with P-Dub in them you'll have to go to True Romance?...still secretive, I know.










Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
Wish I was there!

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...