Skip to main content

Crud

Broken. Everything is broken and falling apart.

First, I bought a new TV in April (ok, my dad gave it to me as a Mother's Day/Birthday present). I have been VERY happy with the new TV. I have shrugged off flat sceen, fancy, new TVs for years, but I finally gave in because I knew it would make P-Dub happier to watch TV in my room...or anywhere in my house. I only got a 22". It was $250 for a Phillips, and it was just too good to be true. In fact, we asked the sales person why it was only $250 when the Best Buy name brand, Dynex, was more. He couldn't give us an answer. Actually, I think he tried to give us some line about because it was brand new, energy efficient, and the economy was bad. Whatever, we took it and ran. Turns out they had marked it with the wrong price. P-Dub went back the next day and it was actually $350. But you get what you pay for! The damn thing is broken! It keeps flickering and then it has a big green line across it. And of course I can multi task all damn day at work, but the minute I need to do something at home or be organized, this damn ADHD won't let me do anything! (Trust me, I'm not using it as a cop out...my organizing and cleaning and whatever else skills get worse and worse and I can now see all the triggers and instances). So, I haven't taken the TV back to Best Buy, yet.

Sunday...the stupid dryer breaks. I had a load of towels in the dryer and ALL my work clothes in the washing machine. I have been hanging clothes on every piece of furniture, shower rack and whatever else you think of to get everything dry.

And...the TV in the living is breaking. It keeps flickering too. But only when there's a lot of movement in the room. Like if the radio is on in my room.

What have I done about all of it? Nothing so far.

Gabby has been at her dad's for two weeks and I've missed her like crazy. I picked her up today and took her to my parent's because she is now spending two weeks with them in AZ and CO. She looks so much older than two weeks ago. She looks like a junior higher. It makes me want to ball my eyes out. AND...have more babies.

This past weekend P-Dub and I went with my Carolyn and Scott to a driving range. I hit a couple of balls but my lower back was killing me, so I sat around with Carolyn drinking beers and letting the boys hit the damn balls.

I never give myself enough time here anymore and I never blog enough. I'm always cramming things into one damn post. Time for bed.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
I'm confused. I thought you were on meds for your ADHD?
Confused about what?

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...