Skip to main content

Sunday Blues

Jess mentioned I hadn't given enough info in my last post about my new doc...but don't worry, all the info is in the post before that..."I've been obsessed..."

Got hooked up to the machine on Thursday...ideal muscle tension measures at 2.0 or less...a "normal stressed/anxious" person measures around 4 or 5...my muscle tension measured at 15.6! Sweet Sassy Molassey! That's ridiculous! Going to see him again on Friday. Not feeling him very much, and he so got the wrong idea when I told him that taking 500 million strong as hell drugs wasn't working for me. He believes I am "anti-medication". Oh, no, no, no sir! I am not...I am so PRO medication it's sick. I had just wanted to kind of start from scratch. Now he wants me to just listen to his little relaxation CDs and learn to calm myself. I can't even lay still long enough to hear one line of his "my forhead feels heavy and warm" crap. I'm just going to have to tell him on Friday..."Give up the meds, Paco!" I'm dying here!

Friday dinner in Gruene with my fam and P-Dub was really nice. Before we went, I came home, filled up the tub and lit the candles. P-Dub showed up, poured me a glass of wine and let me just chill out. I have never been so stressed at the end of a week before in my life, ever. Work sucks right now. Big Time. But an hour...and 4 glasses of wine later...I was feeling de-stressed and ready to head to Gruene.

Saturday we spent the day together. My sister and brother-in-law took Gabby to the Texas Valero Open...but they got rained out, so they saw a movie and did other fun stuff. P-Dub and I went shopping for necessities...like cat litter and laundry detergent...and then I laid around watching him play the Wii for a couple of hours.

Today I am watching The Reader and doing laundry. it's getting a little too late in the afternoon for a nap, but I would sure like one.

Also...after we picked up Gabby last night...I enjoyed another long, relaxing bubble bath with another bottle of wine while P-Dub and Gabby played Wii...it was so nice...I don't know how I got so lucky...

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
how did you like The Reader???
stephanie said…
OMG....forget the meditation cds! bring on the good drugs! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...