Skip to main content

Good Times/Hard Times

This is the first summer I have taken off in four years from school. Not that I'm usually that busy in the summers anyway. I usually only take one class per summer semester, and of course, I don't work in the summer. That's not actually enough to keep a girl too busy either. For some reason, though, I'm not finding enough hours in the day to fit everything in that I need to do! I'm pretty sure that being lazy and having a new boyfriend isn't helping, but I can't seem to get my laundry and everything else done! Not working also means no income, so, the hard times (which I'm kind of used to) are upon me again.

Obi-Wan and I are also experiencing our first little bouts of "hard times". Our lifestyles are so very different, and it's been hard adjusting - for both of us.

I've been talking a lot lately about my future plans - other people's future plans . . . cuz that's what you do when you're a student . . . discuss . . . I've really gotten away from what it is that I want to do, but then again, there are so many options and things I'm interested in. I've got to decide which ones of those are truly just interests and hobbies, and which are attainable lifetime goals.

One of those interests is being a personal trainer, but I've really let myself go. I've gained 10lbs since I met Obi-Wan . . . due to eating horribly and drinking a lot, but also because I skip the gym all the time. I've got to stop that! I obviously suck so much at motivating myself that I've got to think if I would be any good at motivating other people in the same thing! After all that's what personal trainers do best . . . motivate.

So, right now I'm having some of te best times in my life, but I've also been fighting with myself a lot. But it's all good, right? One of the problems with being a person that always thinks they're right (which I am) is that you always think you have to have the answers right away, and it's actually okay to be confused a little bit. Maybe . . . I just realized that this whole post might be a little confusing to anyone but myself. My brain is fighting with itself again!

Comments

I love you, too!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...