Skip to main content

The Wedding

I've written many blogs about all the festivities leading up to my good friends Kevin and Becky's wedding, but I never got around to posting about the actual wedding day. One reason was probably because I was barely there.

We partied really hard the night before. At some point I was in a bathtub, and I think, but I'm not sure I hit my head really hard. Woke the next day with a bump on my head and felt like crap. I made it through the beautiful ceremony, and that was about it. Kevin and Becky had bought special bottles of wine that they were going to use for their "guestbook". It was a really neat idea, but they left the bottles at their apartment.

So, they asked me to go get them. I jumped in Kelly's car and went to get them. At which point I started feeling so sick and queasy and like I was going to pass out, and in a general state of panic. I think after looking some stuff up that I had a concussion. On the way to their apartment, Kevin called and said, "Um, you know that Marriage Certificate that we need to have signed to be officially married? Well, it's still at the apartment, too." So, I grabbed everything. Took 5 minutes to try to recover in their kitchen eating chips, and went back to the reception, but I didn't make it. I had to have my sister come pick me up, but I didn't feel so bad leaving since I kind of did save the day. I ended up having to leave work the next day, too. It really sucked.

So, anyway, below are their Engagement pictures and Wedding pictures. Of course, I'm not in any of them. I love the photographer they used.

Oh, and there's another post with pictures from our excursion to the Japanese Tea Gardens below that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...