Skip to main content

Happy Holidays...LATE!

Hope everyone had a really great Christmas...and about to have a really great New Year's! We...wow, haven't said that in a long time (without speaking of me and Gabby), are going to a New Year's Eve party at The Mansion (someday I'll explain that when I have time).

I can't stand this "censorship" that's been necessary, so I'm going to make this an invitation only blog. Meaning...send me your email ASAP to gara_tx23@yahoo.com I know I have a lot of yours already, but send me it anyway if you want to keep reading. I might need an update or something.

I had a really great weekend. Gabby will be staying at her dad's until after the New Year since I still have to work. We went shopping, watched a movie, watched some LOST, met all the family members on both sides, and got a flat tire.

Went shopping at my "usual" store. The girls that work there know me pretty well since I spend all my free time...and maybe not so free money there. As I was checking out one of the girls said, "I don't think I've ever seen you bring a man in here with you." I responded, "Nope, I haven't. He's new." Felt strange, but in a good way. I guess it's just going to take some getting used to. :)

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
It's nice to see you so happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...
Am I Going To Die? I just got stung for the first time ever by a wasp . . . So far so good . . . I can still breathe, I haven't swelled up like a balloon, yet . . . But it hurts and itches like crazy!!! It's almost the end of the semester and I am completely swamped! Two projects, two papers, and three finals, all in the next 3 weeks . . . Somehow I'll handle it. I've actually all of sudden "woken up" where school is concerned. I've been in such a daze for like the last 7 or 8 months. The AOC has changed my life as I knew it . . . in good and bad ways!!! Bad because he takes up too much of my thoughts . . . and I need all the brain capacity that I can get!!! Somehow, after years of barely even talking to anyone at work, and only a couple of years of actually being a little more friendly with my co-workers, I seem to have been sucked up in "office politics" and I HATE it! I used to really like going to work . . . now I just want to quit!! It still...