Skip to main content

Jess left me a nasty comment...

...about not blogging recently, so, I'll just catch you up on one thing I've been doing a lot of...

In the last weeke and a half, I went on another movie spree!

Well, first off, when I was sick a week or so ago and took off from work, I watched the whole third season of Party of Five. I watched this show when it was in syndication, and I remember that Scott Wolf (Bailey) was the one that everyone thought was soooo cute. But as a 30 year old woman watching this show...Matthew Fox is by FAR one of the sexiest men ALIVE!

Into the Wild - All I can say is I really loved it. Something about it really got to me. Maybe it was the whole "getting away from 'society'" that sometimes I wish I coud do, but know I never could. I love pedicures way too much.

La Vie En Rose - Perfect kind of movie for me. Historical. Biographical. Intriguing.

Goya's Ghosts - Intersting. Again, historical. A period piece. And I love those even if they're not very good. The Spanish Inquistion is so enlightening in a weird way.

Cloverfield - When I first saw the previews I thought I REALLY wanted to see this movie. It's done by J.J. Abrams created of my favorite show LOST, and I couldn't wait. And then I heard things about it, and saw too many previews, and thought, "This is going to be dumb." And...there are a lot of dumb things about it. But it kept me interested and I can say that it was ok.

Run, Fat Boy, Run - Extremely predicatable "love story", but anything British is hilarious to me. I really, really like it. Amazing, too, that it was directed by David Schwimmer and Michael Ian Black wrote the screenplay because I thought it really was a typical "British comedy".

Lars and the Real Girl - Depressing. Intersting at first, and then it kind of dies towards the end, and you just want it to be over. A little too hard to relate to, but it made me chuckle...but as depressing as it was...didn't make me cry, which is what I tend to base my like or dislike of movies on.

Juno - I saw too many previews of this movie...and people loved it too much, so I went into it thinking I wouldn't like it very much. But, I have to say that it has made it into the list of my top 20 favorite movies. What a really great, surprisingly great movie.

P.S. I Love You - Jess told me I would cry. I'm not sure I really believed her. And, I definitely didn't believer after I watched the first fifteen minutes, twice, once Friday...and then passed out...and once last night...and then passed out. So, I watched the WHOLE thing today...and literally...did not stop crying all the way through after those first fifteen minutes. Holy Hell! That was a depressing movie.

August Rush - On my way to DC a month ago, they started playing this move, and I really didn't like it...although I a m a HUGE fan of Jonathan Rys-Meyers...at least a huge fan of his face. Then something happened and we couldn't watch it...and ended up watching The Bee Movie instead. Today...I couldn't stop watching it. I don't know if I was already in super cheesy, girly, depressing, movie mode after the movie above or what! But, I cried like a god damn baby!

Iron Man - The best, comic book based, film I have ever seen. How fucking HOT is Robert Downey Jr.?

Feast of Love - It was really good. But...a little too much sex and boobs.

Freedom Writers - I was shocked and awed by how much I liked this movie. I've decided that no matter what the movie is...when Hillary Swank cries, I cry.

A Good Year - This is the kind of movie I like the most. I absolutely adored it.

Oh, and I watched the first two episodes of Queer as Folk. Good, dramatic...hot as hell.

So, there you have it. That's what I've been up to. I guess I just haven't had a lot to say. I've been working too much, going out and drinking too much, not sleeping enough...working out...eating right, except the drinking...having semi "adult" conversations with my pre-teen daughter, and that's about it. Nothing exciting. Mostly escapism.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
SO glad you liked PS I love you!

Can't wait to see Iron Man with E tomorrow night!!! Who did you see it with?
I went with Andrea and our friend Russell.
I miss you when you don't blog!!! Yes, I am always your loyal reader!!!!! I don't always comment, but I am always here, lurking! Hee hee!
Wow! Thanks. I guess I've got to start spending more time over here than I do on my stupid MySpace.
Jacq said…
Damn! You've been busy with the flix! I've been engrossed in the box sets of The L Word!!!! I need to catch up on flix!

And I have no excuse, Elizabeth. I've been too busy to catch up on my blog reading!!!
Jacq, I just finished watching the first season of Queer as Folk. LOVE IT! I think I like it better than the "L" Word.

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...