Skip to main content
"You Better Slow Your Roll" . . .

...this is a very creative saying that some of my friends at work use quite often...There have been many times when I have been told that I need to "slow my roll"...One friend, Charlotte, once even told me that I needed to "stop my roll"...I'm still not real sure what exactly, specifically it should mean, but I think I'm catching on. I tend to be a big "rusher"...I want everything in my life to be instant gratification. " I want it NOW!" seems to be my motto...so much so I guess, that Josh sometimes calls me Veruca Salt (you know...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...the girl with the golden goose?). I think I'm learning though. I'm in a situation where things are moving along at a pretty slow, even-keeled pace, and there's not much I can do about it anyways...so, I'm just enjoying it, going along for the ride, "slowing my roll". And I like it...I like it a lot! It's much more simple, and there seems to be something more to look forward to. I don't think it will be possible to completely "stop my roll", and never say "I want it NOW!" again, but for the moment, and maybe in other moments in my life I can just "Sit back, and RELAX!". (HA, I didn't mean to do that, but there's actually a really funny story about that last line - involving Jess, Colorado, a broken down Probe, and Pike's Peak - it just came out).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...