Skip to main content
"You Better Slow Your Roll" . . .

...this is a very creative saying that some of my friends at work use quite often...There have been many times when I have been told that I need to "slow my roll"...One friend, Charlotte, once even told me that I needed to "stop my roll"...I'm still not real sure what exactly, specifically it should mean, but I think I'm catching on. I tend to be a big "rusher"...I want everything in my life to be instant gratification. " I want it NOW!" seems to be my motto...so much so I guess, that Josh sometimes calls me Veruca Salt (you know...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...the girl with the golden goose?). I think I'm learning though. I'm in a situation where things are moving along at a pretty slow, even-keeled pace, and there's not much I can do about it anyways...so, I'm just enjoying it, going along for the ride, "slowing my roll". And I like it...I like it a lot! It's much more simple, and there seems to be something more to look forward to. I don't think it will be possible to completely "stop my roll", and never say "I want it NOW!" again, but for the moment, and maybe in other moments in my life I can just "Sit back, and RELAX!". (HA, I didn't mean to do that, but there's actually a really funny story about that last line - involving Jess, Colorado, a broken down Probe, and Pike's Peak - it just came out).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...