Skip to main content

What's Up?

Not a lot going on in my little world. What have I been up to?

1. Work. Still love my job. We're kind of slow right now, and I wish I had something a little more challenging to do, but hey, I could be absolutely hating it, so I won't complain.

2. Spending lots of time by the pool. I'm pretty damn dark. My pool was just converted to a salt water pool, and it's pretty cool. Well, you can't really tell, except it tastes gross on your lips...but your hair and skin do really feel better than with chlorine.

3. Gabby gets bigger and bigger everyday. Mom bought her some pretty racey bikinis, but I'm trying to go with it. I don't want to be "uncool". LOL. I become more and more uncool in her eyes everyday.

4. My 31st birthday is upon me. I will officially be IN my 30's. Oh well.

5. Celebrating on Saturday for my B-day. My friend Tybor's band, the Twilights, are playing at this cool little bar, and they're amazing. I wouldn't want to spend my birthday any other way.

5. I read the Twilight book series in 4 days. Yep, all three of them. I'm obsessed. Can't wait for the movie.

6. Still have horrible insomnia. I should be asleep by now.

7. I love Bloody Marys.

8. I suck at making it to the gym. Ray Ray the Killer probably hates me.

9. That's all.

Comments

Jacq said…
Girl, you are in your prime!!!! Being in your 30s means you'll be taken more seriously than you were in your 20s. And it just keeps getting better. It also means you have to grow up. That's probably the hardest part!

It's also all about your attitude. I'll be 38 this year but I can't WAIT to throw my 40th birthday party in two years. The only sad thing about it is that my mom is gone and I won't be able to share the moment with her in our usual way. But I still have a crowd of friends of love ones and friends here who will help me hit 40 with a bang!

The thing I've learned most since I've gotten older and lost my mom is that taking risks in life is even more important now than ever. You realize how precarious life really is. Complacency just doesn't have a place in it because things always change, and you have to learn to embrace those changes whether you want to or not. My mom did nothing but play it safe and always played by the rules. I plan to REINVENT the rules!

Cyber hugs!
stephanie said…
Mmm I love bloody marys!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...