Skip to main content

So...here I am...

...at my parent's again. I'm not quite sure what to say. I write up those darn blogs in my head everyday, but I have no where to put them...and alas they all disappear. I guess I better hurry up and bring my computer over to my dad though, so that I don't lose all my readers and internet buddies.

Let's see...what's been going on. JC's face is good...eye finally white again...scar above one eye that's still painful...and then he got his hair cut after Halloween, and there's a scar on the back of his head. I'm beginning to think that the biggest travesty of the whole thing is that it is now like he doesn't exist...you can't believe how hard it is to get anything like a SS card, birth certificate, etc...without having one of those things...it's rather ridiculous.

Did I mention Halloween in my last blog? I have pictures once I can get them downloaded. I was Peg Bundy...JC - Barry Gibb...Gabby - a vampire...what is it with kids today and their doom and gloom? What happened to my little girl who always wanted to be a pretty princess?

I've been hangin' with my sis a lot lately...well, it's probably only been a couple of times, but I had lots of fun. We went with Josh and saw Borat. If you can take it and not be offended...HILARIOUS! I watched The Very Long Engagement on my own...GREAT movie...I was surprised...not quite what I thought...and a little racey cameo of Jodi Foster. JC and I watched the Mad Max trilogy...and I made him watch the Color Purple...even though he said, "Whoa! If I'm going to have to watch these girl movies, can't you start me out with something a little less girly and heavy than the Color Purple?"

OMG!!! I forgot the most important thing that's been going on! Gabby slept in her own room...in her own bed...for 4 out of 5 days last week!!! Can you believe it? I can't! You wouldn't either if you knew the way she clings to me and scream bloody murder whenever I've tried to make her before...so much so that I've often been afraid that the upstairs neighbors would call CPS on me because they were probably thinking I was beating her. But after a little arguing, and one very sleepless night...she did it! It's kind of nice to look in her room and see her all snuggled up in her cute little girl room. However...almost every light in my house has burned out because we've had to leave them all on at night!

I can't even begin to tell you how great JC and I have been! The last couple of months there's been a lot less pressure and pulling from outside of our relationship, and it has really enabled us to concentrate on us. Lots of laughs, great talks, and of course, snuggling.

If I don't get to it...Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sure, hopefully sure...that I'll make it back to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...