Skip to main content
Labor Day Weekend

This weekend has not been the fun, exciting, adult weekend that I thought it would be, but it has at least been relaxing. Yesterday it rained really hard, so there was no pool time to be gotten. I spent the day with Gabby and Josh kind of shopping. I finally got new black flip-flops, and I bought 5 new books from Half Price. I love that place. I've only discovered it in the last 6 months...I knew it was there, I was just hooked on Barnes & Noble...There are some very strange peopel in there though! You could just people watch all day there I'm sure!

Today the sun is out, and I will definitely be making it to the pool. Tomorrow holds laundry and homework. Later today maybe I'll actually get around to cleaning. The air is getting cooler and that usually makes me feel restless, and I want to do a lot more.

Aaron wants to do measurements tomorrow...not happening!!! I'll just go warm-up before he can catch me, and then he won't do them!!! HA! My workout on Friday was horrible. I was really tired, and I hadn't been in the gym for a week, so I was having to teach my body how to do things again. We laughed really hard about...welll...SOMB...I'm just gonna have to find out for myself and report back.

I bought this DVD yesterday...it's the international uncut version of The Professional...I think it's called Leon. The guy at the register really felt the need to tell me all about the uncut parts...I think he was just trying to feel smart. It was a lot like talking to Josh...lol. Speaking of Josh...he was really upset that I bought this movie...he wanted it for himself...EVEN THOUGH every other time I wanted to buy the regular version he always said, "NO!!! Wait until you find the uncut version...it's so much better!" But now he's upset that I found it and bought it first I guess...dork! He says this about every movie I want to buy - "Wait to find the uncut version!"...Almost Famous, Original Sin, and plenty more I'm sure...I've had way to much caffeine this morning...I think my brain is overloaded and not properly functioning...Funny.

BOOKS:

I haven't read them yet, but these are the 5 books I just bought, and I will report back later on if they are must reads or not. I'll read anything and everything that's put in front of me, so I'm not a very good book shopper because I'll just pick up anything...but you never know...I find great books like that all the time!

1) Fall on Your Knees - Ann-Marie MacDonald
2) Song of the Exile - Kiana Davenport
3) Rich in Love - Josephine Humphreys (love the movie version!)
4) Jigsaw - Sybille Bedford
5) Legends of the Fall - Jim Harrison (one of my favorite movies as well!)

Creativity Week #2 starts tomorrow: In week two I will come up with the title to my biography, invent a new type of soup, name a rock band, and paint my fingernails ten different colors (Gabby can definitely help me with that one!)

As long as I am reporting on the media in my life at this moment, I guess I might as well say that everyone NEEDS to check out this band called Flogging Molly. The cd, Drunken Lullabies is so...I don't know what, but I can't stop listening to it!!

...off to the pool...hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend as well...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling the Urge . . . I'm kind of feeling an urge to blog this morning...just to get my thoughts out...do something to keep my mind busy and relieve some stress...yet, I don't seem to have anything to say. I totatlly skipped doing cardio this morning, and know that I won't make it to the gym for the rest of the day...being very lazy. I stopped this morning and got a bagel and coffee. I was standing in line with all the other people who were either wearing business suits or scrubs (I live in the medical center after all), and I felt quite out of place in my Maroon5 (yeah!) T-shirt and jeans that I wore to school last night and just threw on this morning to take Gabby to school. No make-up and hair in a ponytail. I was looking quite decrepit amongst those other "working folks"! I'm wondering how my life got to be this freakin' boring!!! And then I'm wondering why the bagel shop has to be right next to a mortuary?...just a thought.
What is the definition of love? Some anonymous person asked me this in the 'comments section' many blogs ago. A hard one to answer...everyone has a different answer...I am slowly admitting to myself that I have never truly been in love...I have felt deep affection for people, and I have had my feelings manipulated, and I have definitely been in lust...But I honestly can say that I've never been in love on my own terms...I'm so ready to be swept completely off my feet...