Skip to main content

Good...

I recently read a book called Good Grief...it was about a woman who's husband dies and the book is split up into the five stages of grief. It was sad, but written with lots of humor...and it kind of applies to just losing someone in general. The one thing I liked a lot in this book was that the main character and her best friend have this thing that they do every time they go out with a guy and it ends for one reason or another...they write a "good riddance" list...a list composed of all those things you convinced yourself were "cute", but really down deep they annoyed you to no end...so I thought this would be something good for me to do in my whole healing/growing process...this isn't meant to be bashing or mean spirited in any way...it's just the truth...

Good Riddance List

1. It annoyed me that he didn't take good care of his teeth. Not only just the shape of them...but everything...

2. It annoyed me that he sounded like a flock of geese when he blew his nose.

3. It annoyed me that he had to blow his nose every 5 minutes, and he would do it at dinner...at the table...

4. It annoyed me that he chewed with his mouth open and claimed it was because he couldn't breathe if he didn't.

5. It annoyed me that he cried more than I did.

6. It annoyed me that he got excited about things that seemed so "high school"...or just his innocent, naive look on life...or maybe on that one I'm just jaded.

7. It annoyed me that he would pick at his feet while we watched TV.

8. It annoyed me that he would wear the same pair of boxers for 3 days.

9. It annoyed me that he thought drinking was such a sport.

And

10. It annoyed me that he thought he was such a "man".

I DID leave out a couple of things on my previous list, Schwenk, I do want someone who loves my daughter...and I do want a man not a boy...and I do want someone who likes to listen to soft rock, and I do want someone who listens well, and I do want someone who has confidence, but isn't overly confident...my list keeps getting longer, and there are a few things I can compromise on...but not many...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE THE GOOD RIDDANCE THING!!! That's awesome. Good for you! I'm so proud of you. I knew Gabby came first on the list--just knew it! love you.
Jessiedc28 said…
So...when I die. Lets not play the good ridence game, ok? No listy poo for jessie poo. I'd HATE to strike you with lightening from the heavens above. =)
Jacq said…
OH cool, Elizabeth, I love that list! Maybe I should think of something.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...

I'll blog about my weekend at some point, but in the meantime...

Mi-Mi and Obi-Wan hanging out at one of our bars...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...