Skip to main content

Movie Therapy

Rachel Getting Married - I think this movie destroyed my soul for a couple of days. It hit a little too close to home. I went into it thinking it was a dramedy, but it was more like heavy crying with a little chuckle here and there mixed in. I really liked it though.

Once - Most simple little love story. And just really good. I watched it right after the movie above though, and so it also destroyed my soul. I want to re-watch it when I'm in a happier mood.

Role Models - Hilarious.

The Alphabet Killer - Awful. No. Really. I should have known. It was a terrible movie.

The Children of Huang Shi - Another war, period film that I love. Plus, looking at Jonathan Rhys-Meyer is always a plus for me.

Happy-Go-Lucky - It looked really cute. Looked like a feel good movie. But, it was just kind of weird, and I didn't "get it".

Brick Lane - You know movies that are good, but you're just watching, just kind of in to it...and then at the end it totally gets you. I cried happy tears. I was surprised how much I like this story of an Indian women living in London and finding her role in life.

Comments

Jessiedc28 said…
So fun! I just love movie therapy! Love it! I used to do that a lot when I had my own place.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...
Am I Going To Die? I just got stung for the first time ever by a wasp . . . So far so good . . . I can still breathe, I haven't swelled up like a balloon, yet . . . But it hurts and itches like crazy!!! It's almost the end of the semester and I am completely swamped! Two projects, two papers, and three finals, all in the next 3 weeks . . . Somehow I'll handle it. I've actually all of sudden "woken up" where school is concerned. I've been in such a daze for like the last 7 or 8 months. The AOC has changed my life as I knew it . . . in good and bad ways!!! Bad because he takes up too much of my thoughts . . . and I need all the brain capacity that I can get!!! Somehow, after years of barely even talking to anyone at work, and only a couple of years of actually being a little more friendly with my co-workers, I seem to have been sucked up in "office politics" and I HATE it! I used to really like going to work . . . now I just want to quit!! It still...