Skip to main content

Ridiculous Pedicure Fun

I love pedicures. And would love to get them pretty often, but the truth is I only make it like once every 3 months or so. A month ago I took Andrea to get her first pedicure, and we decided to get wild and crazy. I got my first "design" on my big toe. A hiabiscus. I LOVED it!


Then, yesterday, it was time for a new look. Andrea went for a very wintery theme...Christmas blue w/ a very nice snowflake. I decided to go for a "New Yearsy" look. Russian Navy, with a kind of twinkling star...well, the girls didn't get it. Andrea tried really hard to explain to them what I wanted, but in the end the lady just said, "You want snowflake?" And I gave in, and just said, "Yea, give me a fucking snowflake!" Well, without the cursing anyway. As she began I immediately knew it was an awful idea....she started by making a HUGE cross...and the more I watched her try to fill it in...the more my face crumpled...the more Andrea laughed at me....Anyway, I guess it's not so bad, but since it's not what I envisioned...and after watching her fuck it up...I was soooo disappointed. I'll live with it though...after all, it's just toenail polish. It does come off. The thing is, I really like the Russian Navy color, but now it's all covered up by what really looks like a spiderweb....I guess I'll have Halloween toes in December.


Comments

Jacq said…
OMG those are too cute!!!! I need a pedicure. Like yesterday!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Share? I have a huge crush. I have a huge crush on a man I've never met in person. I have a huge crush on a man who does things that are very cool. Yesterday in the mail I got the book that he sent me...the book that he wrote...a book about all of his travels and adventures. The more I read this book, the less confident I start to feel about this being a possible "match". I have no idea what I can offer this older, more sophisticated, more worldly man. The biggest adventures in my life are grappling with 18-year old freshmen for a parking space at school, finishing a set of push-ups and pull-ups at the gym, or wrestling my daughter to the ground for a bath. Maybe I can teach him all about Sponge-Bob Square Pants? This is again one of those times where things seem too good to be true. The emails we send back and forth would suggest that there is a great interest and curiosity on both sides, and that something really good could possibly come from this!!! His ...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Last night there was a costume party (aka Halloween Party...but some people don't celebrate Halloween?...so hence just being called a costume party) for the Union stewards at work...I'm not a steward, and I only just became a memeber of the Union on my last day of work in June...and only became a memeber because there were a lot of "things" going on at work, and I didn't want to be easily fired...however, the party was at a good friend from work's house, so I got an invite...I think they just really needed an extra kid...the party was kicked off by us watching the little girls, including Gabby, do a project...the project was to get this guy from work into his costume...they did his make-up...he was such a good sport about it and it was hilarious!!! Then followed up by lots of Malibu on ice. I threw together a cat outfit, by the way, for the party...I'll have to post the pics...kind of funny. Tonight I will be out amongst all the other pa...
Am I Going To Die? I just got stung for the first time ever by a wasp . . . So far so good . . . I can still breathe, I haven't swelled up like a balloon, yet . . . But it hurts and itches like crazy!!! It's almost the end of the semester and I am completely swamped! Two projects, two papers, and three finals, all in the next 3 weeks . . . Somehow I'll handle it. I've actually all of sudden "woken up" where school is concerned. I've been in such a daze for like the last 7 or 8 months. The AOC has changed my life as I knew it . . . in good and bad ways!!! Bad because he takes up too much of my thoughts . . . and I need all the brain capacity that I can get!!! Somehow, after years of barely even talking to anyone at work, and only a couple of years of actually being a little more friendly with my co-workers, I seem to have been sucked up in "office politics" and I HATE it! I used to really like going to work . . . now I just want to quit!! It still...